For National Disability Employment Awareness Month, check out the many resources available in the National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials (NCRTM), funded by the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA). Bookmark the NCRTM RSA Technical Assistance & Other Resources page for quick access to the RSA portal, RSA TA centers and funded projects, Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) federal partners, other resources and research databases.
In this final blog of a three-part blog series from NCRTM, we offer ways to stay current with employment trends related to the workforce and people with disabilities. View first blog and second blog from NCRTM.
Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC)
The WINTAC helps state vocational rehabilitation (VR) agency staff, rehabilitation professionals and service providers develop the skills and processes needed to meet the requirements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
The WINTAC provides technical assistance and training in five topic areas that include:
- Pre-employment transition services to students with disabilities and supported employment services to youth with disabilities
- Resources and strategies to help individuals with disabilities achieve competitive integrated employment, including customized employment and supported employment
- Implementation of the requirements in Section 511 of the Rehabilitation Act for sub-minimum wage
- Integration of the State VR program into the workforce development system
- Transition to the new common performance accountability system including the collection and reporting of common data elements
You can find links to all of these topic areas with resources and information at WINTAC.
The Career Index Plus
The Career Index Plus (TCI+) includes state and local salary data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job trends and projections, current job openings, license requirements and certifications, education and experience requirements, and 200,000 training programs.
TCI+, offered through WINTAC, is a career information system that collects labor market information from a host of resources and deposits the information onto a single, user-friendly site. Access to TCI+ is free and the data is the most recent available.
The people behind TCI+ have spent almost 20 years specializing in labor-related data and are constantly combing a large array of sources to give VR professionals actionable labor market information for better, more informed career choices.
The following resources are presented through a collaboration between WINTAC and TCI+ and are intended to provide a comprehensive approach to training on this valuable resource.
- Short Training Videos
- Short training videos, each under 10 minutes in length
- Provide VR professionals with short, direct, and relevant training materials on using features from TCI+
- TCI+ Recorded Webinars
- Recorded from live webinars
- Provide in-depth, comprehensive information and training on using The Career Index Plus.
- TCI+ Resources
- Provide VR agencies with training and informational materials on adopting The Career Index Plus as a labor market information tool.
- Labor Market Information Resources
- Provide VR agencies with comprehensive information on labor market data.
Do you want to keep up-to-date with new VR resources as they are added to the NCRTM? Follow them on Twitter @RSA_NCRTM and subscribe to their monthly New from NCRTM newsletter.
Blog articles provide insights on the activities of schools, programs, grantees, and other education stakeholders to promote continuing discussion of educational innovation and reform. Articles do not endorse any educational product, service, curriculum or pedagogy.