2018 NATIONAL HBCU WEEK CONFERENCE
HBCU Competitiveness: Aligning Institutional Missions with America’s Priorities
16-19 September 2018
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington, DC 20008
The White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will host a two-day national conference commemorating National HBCU Week and highlighting the significant contributions which HBCUs have made to the nation. In order for the day to be a success, we need the support of 20-25 volunteers. These are non-paid volunteer opportunities.
Conference Material Set-up
- Prior to the conference, assist in putting together registration materials and other materials necessary to the conference
Registration Desk Attendant
- Assist in setting up/breaking down the registration desk
- Assist in distributing registration materials
- Assist people in finding conference rooms between sessions
- Maintain traffic flow in front of registration desk by pointing conference attendees in the right direction
- Maintain overall conference hallway traffic by being readily available
- Get any equipment required by exhibitors/presenters throughout conference
- Check rooms periodically to make sure everything needed is available
- Escort VIP individuals to their designated room
- Ensure VIP individuals are successfully returned to their vehicle(s)
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up posters, signs, paraphernalia, etc.
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up booths or other conference material
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Those who indicate their interest during the online registration period will be contacted to attend a pre-volunteer conference call. All volunteers are required to attend.
Volunteers must have approval from their supervisor to make the Washington Marriott Wardman Park their place of duty on the above mentioned dates.
Registration and Set-Up:
Sunday, September 16, 2018; 3:00pm-6:30pm
Monday, September 17; 6:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, September 18; 6:30am-4:00pm
Volunteers will be asked to sign a statement of duties once you have been accepted by the HBCU Office.