The White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will host a two-day national conference commemorating National HBCU Week and highlighting the significant contributions which HBCUs have made to the nation. In order for the day to be a success, we need the support of 20-25 volunteers. These are non-paid volunteer opportunities.
Conference Material Set-up
- Prior to the conference, assist in putting together registration materials and other
Registration Desk Attendant
- Assist in setting up/breaking down the registration desk
- Assist in distributing registration materials
- Assist people in finding conference rooms between sessions
- Maintain traffic flow in front of registration desk by pointing conference attendees in the right direction
- Maintain overall conference hallway traffic by being readily available
- Get any equipment required by exhibitors/presenters throughout conference
- Check rooms periodically to make sure everything needed is available
- Escort VIP individuals to their designated room
- Ensure VIP individuals are successfully returned to their vehicle(s)
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up posters, signs, paraphernalia, etc.
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up booths or other conference material
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Those who indicate their interest during the online registration period will be contacted to attend a pre-volunteer on-site meeting. Those unable to attend will be invited to a follow-up conference call. The date for this meeting will be shared with confirmed volunteers.
Registration and Set-Up: Sunday, September 17, 2017; 12:00pm-6:00pm
Monday, September 18; 6:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, September 19; 7:30am-4:00pm
Volunteer must have approval from their supervisor to make the Crystal Gateway Marriott their place of duty on the above mentioned dates.