Published Notices of IDEA Regulations (2006-current)
Agencies write Federal regulations to implement and enforce the statutes passed by Congress.
Periodically, the department issues new or revised regulations to address the implementation and interpretation of the IDEA.
Whenever the department proposes new or revised regulations, it publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) in the Federal Register and the public has an opportunity to submit written comments.
In each Notice of Final Regulations, also published in the Federal Register, the department analyzes and responds to the public’s comments in the section titled “Analysis of Comments and Changes.”
The following list includes each Notice of Final Regulations published since the IDEA statute’s last reauthorization Dec. 3, 2004, as well as:
- A summary of the changes;
- The effective date of the changes;
- The “Analysis of Comments and Changes;” and
- The revised regulations.
**On May 22, 2019, the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services posted the following to the department’s site:... Read More
Changes effective Aug. 10, 2017
- Reflects changes made to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act by Rosa’s Law, which...
Changes effective June 30, 2017
- Implement Parts B and C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
**On May 22, 2019, the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services posted the following to the department’s site:
Changes effective Sept. 21, 2015
- Govern Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965,...
Changes effective July 1, 2015
- Amends Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act governing the Assistance to...
Changes effective March 18, 2013
- Final regulations for Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act governing the...
Changes effective Oct. 28, 2011
- Govern the Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities
- Reflect changes made...
Changes effective Dec. 31, 2008
- Govern the Assistance to States for the Education of Children with Disabilities Program and...
Changes effective May 9, 2007
- Govern programs administered under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of...