Welcome to the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act website.
Nov. 29, marks the 45th anniversary of the IDEA, which was previously known as the Education for All Handicapped Children Act and was signed into law by President Gerald Ford in 1975.
Join the Department of Education to celebrate this landmark anniversary the week of Nov. 30. In the meantime, make sure to visit and bookmark the IDEA 45th Anniversary page.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: OSEP fast facts highlights children ages 3 through 5 with disabilities
- ANNOUNCEMENT: OSEP released two new infographics looking at race, ethnicity and the IDEA
- NEWS: OSERS releases updated postsecondary education and employment transition guide
- ANNOUNCEMENT: OSEP releases infographic on infants and toddlers with disabilities
- NEWS: Department releases IDEA dispute resolution in COVID-19 Q-and-A documents