Language Support

The U.S. Department of Education and the Office of Special Education Program (OSEP) funded-centers offer several resources for language assistance.

El Centro de Información y Recursos para Padres ofrece información sobre la Ley Educativa para Personas con Discapacidades (IDEA) en español a través de una lista en orden alfabético por tema de discapacidad.

El sitio web también proporciona recursos por categoría.

The Center for Parent Information and Resources provides Individuals with Disabilities Education Act information in Spanish through an alphabetical list organized by Disability Theme.

The website also provides resources by topic areas.

The Center for Parent Information and Resources provides English speakers with an index of resources available in Spanish.

Additionally, the OSEP English to Spanish Glossary of Common IDEA Terms, developed by the Region 1 Parent Technical Assistance Center @ SPAN, provides an English-Spanish glossary of more than 400 common IDEA-related terms.

The OSEP Glossary of Korean Translation of Common IDEA Terms was developed by the Community Inclusion & Development Alliance (CIDA), in collaboration with the Open Doors for Multicultural Families (ODMF) and with support from OSEP and the Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR). 

U.S. Department of Education

The Department offers language assistance in more than 170 languages, including:

If you or someone you serve has difficulty understanding English, you may request language assistance services for U.S. Department of Education information that is available to the public. These language assistance services are available free of charge.

If you need more information about interpretation or translation services, please call 1-800-USA-LEARN (1-800-872-5327), TTY: (800) 877-8339 TTY / ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange), or email

Or write to:

U.S. Department of Education Information Resource Center
LBJ Education Building
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202

For general inquiries and questions about the Department or education policy, visit the Department of Education’s Contact Us and General Inquiries page.

Severe Discrepancy