(b) Definition of eligible entity
(1) In general
- In this part, the term “eligible entity” means—
- (A) a State educational agency;
- (B) a local educational agency;
- (C) a public charter school that is a local educational agency under State law;
- (D) an institution of higher education;
- (E) a public agency not described in subparagraphs (A) through (D);
- (F) a private nonprofit organization;
- (G) an outlying area;
- (H) an Indian tribe or a tribal organization (as defined under section 5304 of title 25); or
- (I) a for-profit organization, if the Secretary finds it appropriate in light of the purposes of a particular competition for a grant, contract, or cooperative agreement under this part.
(2) Special rule
- The Secretary may limit which eligible entities described in paragraph (1) are eligible for a grant, contract, or cooperative agreement under this part to 1 or more of the categories of eligible entities described in paragraph (1).
Last modified on November 7, 2019