Section 1453 (a)
(a) In general
- A State educational agency that desires to receive a grant under this part shall submit to the Secretary an application at such time, in such manner, and including such information as the Secretary may require.
- The application shall include a plan that identifies and addresses the State and local needs for the personnel preparation and professional development of personnel, as well as individuals who provide direct supplementary aids and services to children with disabilities, and that—
- (A) is designed to enable the State to meet the requirements of section 1412(a)(14) of this title and section 1435(a)(8) and (9) of this title;
- (B) is based on an assessment of State and local needs that identifies critical aspects and areas in need of improvement related to the preparation, ongoing training, and professional development of personnel who serve infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and children with disabilities within the State, including—
- (i) current and anticipated personnel vacancies and shortages; and
- (ii) the number of preservice and inservice programs; and
- (C) is integrated and aligned, to the maximum extent possible, with State plans and activities under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 [20 U.S.C. 6301 et seq.], the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 [29 U.S.C. 701 et seq.], and the Higher Education Act of 1965 [20 U.S.C. 1001 et seq.].
- The State application shall contain an assurance that the State educational agency will carry out each of the strategies described in subsection (b)(4).
(2) State plan
Last modified on November 7, 2019