Section 1411 (g) (1)
- The term “average per-pupil expenditure in public elementary schools and secondary schools in the United States” means—
- (A) without regard to the source of funds—
- (i) the aggregate current expenditures, during the second fiscal year preceding the fiscal year for which the determination is made (or, if satisfactory data for that year are not available, during the most recent preceding fiscal year for which satisfactory data are available) of all local educational agencies in the 50 States and the District of Columbia; plus
- (ii) any direct expenditures by the State for the operation of those agencies; divided by
- (B) the aggregate number of children in average daily attendance to whom those agencies provided free public education during that preceding year.
(1) Average per-pupil expenditure in public elementary schools and secondary schools in the United States
Last modified on November 7, 2019