(1) The lead agency’s child find system described in §303.302 must include the State’s procedures for use by primary referral sources for referring a child under the age of three to the part C program.
(2) The procedures required in paragraph (a)(1) of this section must—
(i) Provide for referring a child as soon as possible, but in no case more than seven days, after the child has been identified; and
(ii) Meet the requirements in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section.
(b) Referral of specific at-risk infants and toddlers. The procedures required in paragraph (a) of this section must provide for requiring the referral of a child under the age of three who—
(1) Is the subject of a substantiated case of child abuse or neglect; or
(2) Is identified as directly affected by illegal substance abuse or withdrawal symptoms resulting from prenatal drug exposure.
(c) Primary referral sources. As used in this subpart, primary referral sources include—
(1) Hospitals, including prenatal and postnatal care facilities;