White House Initiative Resources
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- Department of Education’s Tribal Consultation Policy
- Department of Education’s E.O. 13175 Implementation Plan
Student Aid Resources
- Estimate Your Federal Student Aid – this website estimates what federal student aid you may be eligible to receive.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form – a free application form to apply for financial aid for college or graduate school.
- Types of Financial Aid – Loans, Grants, Work-Study Programs
- Federal Pell Grant Program – Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need and have not earned a bachelor’s, graduate, or professional degree. (In some cases, however, a student enrolled in a postbaccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Federal Pell Grant.)
Research and Other Resources
- AIAN 2020 Census Data – Will be released in September 2023
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), National Indian Education Study (NIES) – Summary of National Results (2019)
- Indian Health Service Loan Repayment Program – If you are a dedicated health professional willing to fulfill a two-year service commitment, the IHS Loan Repayment Program (LRP) can help you chart a course for a long-lasting and successful healthcare career. The LRP awards repayment of up to $50,000 for qualified health profession education loans to clinicians who commit to practicing in health facilities serving American Indian and Alaska Native communities for an initial two-year commitment.
- Scholarships and Loans