THE WHITE HOUSE INITIATIVE ON ADVANCING EDUCATIONAL EQUITY, EXCELLENCE AND ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY THROUGH HISTORCALLY BLACK COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
2022 HBCU Week Career and Recruitment Fair
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2022
The White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence and Economic Opportunity through Historically Black Colleges and Universities (Initiative) works with agencies, private-sector employers, educational associations, philanthropic organizations, and other partners to increase the capacity of HBCUs to provide the highest-quality education and opportunities to an increasing number of students. The Initiative is dedicated to helping HBCU students successfully compete for top opportunities in national and global markets while providing education and economic experiences for the students and communities HBCUs primarily serve.
On Thursday, September 22, 2022, during the 2022 National Annual HBCU Week Conference, the Initiative along with federal partners, national educational leaders and corporate partners will host our 4th annual HBCU Week Career and Recruitment Fair. This will be a hybrid event, providing virtual and in-person opportunities.
The Initiative’s HBCU Week Career and Recruitment Fair opportunities will be open to all National Annual HBCU well participants as well as the general public. This document provides instructions for submitting career fair proposals for consideration by the Initiative staff.
YOUR INITIATIVE CAREER FAIR ADVISOR AND POINT OF CONTACT
Elyse Jones, Management and Program Analyst, Student Outreach and Engagement, Elyse.Jones@ed.gov
The Initiative reserves the right to select organizations on best fit according to information provided.
- Applicant must represent individuals/organizations that provide available career, professional development services, apprenticeships and/or internship and fellowship opportunities to those seeking employment. Opportunities in the area previously listed should be PAID opportunities.
- We welcome applications that outline FREE services that will enhance the personal and professional development of attendees. Free services include: professional development, mock interviews, resume writing, mentorship, counseling, mental health services, free innovation summits/competitions, access to research labs, Training/Certificates/Degrees etc.
- Organization must have real-time, tangible opportunities for students, recent graduates and/or alumni. Opportunities should be visibly available at the table and virtually.
- Simulations, interactive experiences and “swag” items and giveaways are welcomed and encouraged.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF CAREER FAIR APPLICATION FORM
- Identify one person with whom our Conference Advisor can communicate regarding the career fair proposal.
- Provide a brief overview of your organization, the career, fellowship/internship, or higher education opportunities you plan to offer during the career and recruitment fair.
- Save the form as your organization name and submit the form by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: “HBCU Week Career Fair Application: Organization Name”
- All application must be submitted no later than Monday, May 23, 2022.
CAREER FAIR OBJECTIVES
- Recruit HBCU talent;
- Inform attendee and students of sources housed in both the public and private sector;
- Introduce HBCU community and students to career, fellowship, internship, and higher education opportunities; and
- Establish professional relationships that will expand networks and enhance professional development.
HBCU CAREER FAIR PRIORITIES
- Increase awareness of Public/Private Programs
- Share Career Pathways
- Increase Equity and Access
- Expand Outreach and Networks
- Recruitment of HBCU Talent
- Share Economic & Community Opportunities
DEADLINE & SELECTION TIMELINE
- Application deadline is May 23, 2022.
- Approved applications will be notified on or before June 4, 2022.
- Logistics and information call will take place on September 9, 2022.
This will be a hybrid event some booths and sessions will take virtually and in person.
In-person booths are limited. The Initiative reserves the right to make the final decision for all in-person and virtual booths space allocations.
There may be a $30 table rental fee associated with this event. This fee must be paid directly to the venue once you are approved for the event. The Initiative will provide the venue information to approved employer vendors only. This event is FREE for employer support staff and external participants.
Online Conference Registration will be required.
Participating employer vendors will receive: Virtual or In-person Booth, Inclusion of agency/organization name in the official conference program and marketing.