The White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will host a two-day national conference commemorating National HBCU Week and highlighting the significant contributions which HBCUs have made to the nation.
In order for the day to be a success, we need the support of 20-25 volunteers.
These are non-paid volunteer opportunities.
Coming May 2016.
Conference Material Set-up
- Prior to the conference, assist in putting together registration materials and other materials necessary to the conference
Registration Desk Attendant
- Assist in setting up/breaking down the registration desk
- Assist in distributing registration materials
- Assist people in finding conference rooms between sessions
- Maintain traffic flow in front of registration desk by pointing conference attendees in the right direction
- Maintain overall conference hallway traffic by being readily available
- Get any equipment required by exhibitors/presenters throughout conference
- Check rooms periodically to make sure everything needed is available
- Escort VIP individuals to their designated room
- Ensure VIP individuals are successfully returned to their vehicle(s)
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up posters, signs, paraphernalia, etc.
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up booths or other conference material
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Those who indicate their interest during the online registration period will be contacted to attend a pre-volunteer on-site meeting on Friday, October 14, 2016. Those unable to attend will be invited to a follow-up conference call.
Registration and Set-Up: Sunday, October 23, 2016; 11:00am-5:00pm
Monday, October 24; 6:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, October 25; 7:30am-3:00pm
Volunteer must have approval from their supervisor to make the Renaissance Arlington Capital View their place of duty on the above mentioned dates.