The White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will host its national conference commemorating National HBCU Week and highlighting the significant contributions which HBCUs have made to the nation. In order for the event to be a success, we need the support of 20-25 volunteers. This volunteer opportunity is for federal employees only.
Conference Material Set-up
- Prior to the conference, assist in putting together registration materials and other materials necessary to the conference
Registration Desk Attendant
- Assist in setting up/breaking down the registration desk
- Assist in distributing registration materials
- Assist people in finding conference rooms between sessions
- Maintain traffic flow in front of registration desk by pointing conference attendees in the right direction
- Maintain overall conference hallway traffic by being readily available
- Get any equipment required by exhibitors/presenters throughout conference
- Check rooms periodically to make sure everything needed is available
- Escort VIP individuals to their designated room
- Ensure VIP individuals are successfully returned to their vehicle(s)
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up posters, signs, paraphernalia, etc.
- Assist in setting up/cleaning up booths or other conference material
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? ARE YOU A FEDERAL EMPLOYEE?
Interested FEDERAL EMPLOYEES may submit the information below to indicate their individual desire to serve as a volunteer during National HBCU Week. Those who indicate their interest during the during this period will be contacted to attend a pre-volunteer conference call.
Volunteers must have approval from their supervisor to make the conference venue their place of duty on the above mentioned dates.
Volunteer Meeting: Date TBD- 1-2 weeks prior to event
Set-Up/Registration and Event Support: 20-23 September 2022; Hours may vary
Volunteers will be asked to sign a statement of duties once you have been accepted by the HBCU Office.