U.S. Department of Education LBJ Building
400 Maryland Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20202
BUILDING ENTRANCE: C Street SW, between 4th and 6th Streets SW
METRO: L’Enfant Plaza (7th and Maryland Ave Exit) or Federal Center Southwest
ADDRESS FOR TAXI AND RIDE SHARING: 501 C St SW, Washington, DC 20547
- Arrive by 8:30 a.m. to allow time to clear security and register before the event begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Enter from the C Street side of the building.
- Bring a valid government issued photo ID.
- Be prepared to have bags and personal items scanned.
- ED staff will be in the lobby starting at 8:00 a.m. to escort you to the meeting.
- We anticipate the event to conclude by 4:30 pm.
- Let us know as soon as possible of any visual, auditory, mobility, or other requirements you may have so that accommodations may be provided.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES:
- Mid-morning refreshments, a working lunch, and mid-afternoon snacks will be provided. Please email rethinkCTE@ed.gov to inform us of any dietary restrictions.
- There is self-service vending in the building, a Starbucks and quick dining options across from the C Street entrance, and food trucks on Maryland Avenue. If you exit the building you will have to clear security upon your return.
For any questions, please contact rethinkCTE@ed.gov and/or Richard Pettey (202-245-8249) or Robin Utz (202-596-4574).
The Holiday Inn Capitol (across the street from U.S. Department of Education building)
550 C Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024
These two hotels are within 0.4 mile from the meeting location:
Hyatt Place Washington DC / National Mall
400 E St. SW Washington DC 20024-3246
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
1330 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20024-2100
(202) 554 8588