The LINCS Community of Practice marked an important milestone as it surpassed 10,000 registered users last week. Thanks to all who have helped spread the word about how this vibrant community can support teachers and programs. Keep growing!
New course launched: Integrating Technology self-paced online course is designed for instructors who are at the beginner/intermediate level of technology integration in the classroom. It is available on the LINCS Learning Portal. This course helps teachers understand how technology can support their instructional goals and provides guidance on how to incorporate various popular tools. A certificate of completion for four hours is available.
Upcoming events in the Community:
- February is Financial Aid Awareness month. Join the Financial Literacy and Postsecondary Completion groups from February 3- 14 for a special discussion in which adult education program managers, counselors, and teachers from a range of adult education programs will share their strategies and techniques for incorporating financial literacy into their adult education programs.
- Teaching Strategies: Easing the Pathway for Adult Learners with Disabilities to Develop Competence in the Classroom and Beyond. Join the Disabilities in Adult Education group for a special discussion from February 3-14.
- Digital Learning Day: Four-Part Technology Tools Webinar Series. Celebrate Digital Learning Day on February 5 by pledging to acquire new knowledge about current technology tools used to advance education. LINCS is partnering with the Literacy Assistance Center in New York City to offer a series of 30-minute webinars on how to use technology tools in education, held every Thursday in February, starting on February 13, from 3:00-3:30 PM ET.
LINCS at Upcoming Conferences
- LINCS Overview session in Washington, D.C. at Families Learning Summit and National Conference on Family Literacy at 1:15 PM ET on Monday, February 17, 2014.
- LINCS presentation strand and Exhibit Booth at Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE) conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 16-19, 2014.
- LINCS presentation strand at Mountain Plains Adult Education Association (MPAEA) 2014 conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico, April 28-30, 2014.