- This event has passed.
Regional Convening of the National Success Mentors Initiative
January 11, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Youth, Leadership and Success Lab
Goal of Meeting:
To convene 6 districts from Cohorts One and Two in the east and mid-Atlantic participating in the National Success Mentors Initiative to participate in the first 2017 Regional Youth, Leadership and Success Lab gathering, and to work collectively to advance the work of the National Success Mentors Initiatives in their districts through the learnings and supports provided by the Yale/Facebook inspirED collaboration.
- Continue to build the momentum for the National Success Mentors Initiative
- Introduce Facebook and the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence as key partners in the National Success Mentors Initiative
- Spread Yale/FB inspirEd approach to school climate and emotional intelligence to the NSM districts
- Piot Mentor Prep and create multi-year teams of Mentors and Mentees supported by advancing Mentees using the Yale/FB inspirEd tools and training
- Create opportunities for districts to collaborate and create communities of practice for the upcoming school year
Superintendents, District Captains, Principals, Mentors, and Mentees from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston, Hartford, Providence, and New York; staff from the U.S. Department of Education, Facebook, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Mentor, EGC, Attendance Works, CSS and City Year