- This event has passed.
Early Warning System – Carlsbad Regional Gathering
February 27, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
High Plains REC is pleased to coordinate the Early Warning System (EWS) Carlsbad Regional Gathering. This collaborative opportunity is presented by the New Mexico Public Education College and Career Readiness Bureau and The Everyone Graduates Center (EGC) at Johns Hopkins University. This training is by invitation only to Carlsbad area schools who have committed to building Early Warning Systems (EWS) to support the early intervention of students at-risk of dropping out of high school.
Based on groundbreaking research by Robert Balfanz and EGC’s extensive experience as a school improvement organization, presenters will share information that both describes the data points essential to determine supports for students and ways to organize the data that connect students to interventions.
Schools will work with EGC staff to learn how to build systems to regularly monitor the Early Warning Indicators of Attendance, Behavior, and Course Performance (the ABCs). Participants will leave with a stronger understanding of how to implement and develop whole school, targeted, and intensive interventions that help prevent students from falling off-track and help students get back on-track for graduation and future successes.
This training is for the following schools –
- Carlsbad Early College High
- Carlsbad High
- Carlsbad Intermediate
- Carlsbad Sixth Grade Academy
- Roswell – Mountain View Middle
- Ruidoso High
- Registration and breakfast snacks will be from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- A light working lunch will be provided.
- Participants will need to bring a charged laptop or tablet.
- The session will end at 4:00 p.m.
- Mileage reimbursement will be available to participants traveling 50 miles or more one way in a personal vehicle.
If you have questions, contact Marisa Aguirre at High Plains Regional Education Cooperative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-445-7090.