Section 1482 (b) (1)
- The Secretary shall establish and use a standing panel of experts who are qualified, by virtue of their training, expertise, or experience, to evaluate each application under part B or C that requests more than $75,000 per year in Federal financial assistance.
- The standing panel shall include, at a minimum—
- (i) individuals who are representatives of institutions of higher education that plan, develop, and carry out high quality programs of personnel preparation;
- (ii) individuals who design and carry out scientifically based research targeted to the improvement of special education programs and services;
- (iii) individuals who have recognized experience and knowledge necessary to integrate and apply scientifically based research findings to improve educational and transitional results for children with disabilities;
- (iv) individuals who administer programs at the State or local level in which children with disabilities participate;
- (v) individuals who prepare parents of children with disabilities to participate in making decisions about the education of their children;
- (vi) individuals who establish policies that affect the delivery of services to children with disabilities;
- (vii) individuals who are parents of children with disabilities ages birth through 26 who are benefiting, or have benefited, from coordinated research, personnel preparation, and technical assistance; and
- (viii) individuals with disabilities.
- No individual shall serve on the standing panel for more than 3 consecutive years.
(1) Standing panel
(A) In general
Last modified on November 7, 2019