Section 1481 (c)
(c) Special populations
- In making an award of a grant, contract, or cooperative agreement under part B or C, the Secretary shall, as appropriate, require an eligible entity to demonstrate how the eligible entity will address the needs of children with disabilities from minority backgrounds.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Secretary shall reserve not less than 2 percent of the total amount of funds appropriated to carry out parts B and C for either or both of the following activities:
- (A) Providing outreach and technical assistance to historically Black colleges and universities, and to institutions of higher education with minority enrollments of not less than 25 percent, to promote the participation of such colleges, universities, and institutions in activities under this part.
- (B) Enabling historically Black colleges and universities, and the institutions described in subparagraph (A), to assist other colleges, universities, institutions, and agencies in improving educational and transitional results for children with disabilities, if the historically Black colleges and universities and the institutions of higher education described in subparagraph (A) meet the criteria established by the Secretary under this part.
(1) Application requirement
(2) Required outreach and technical assistance
Last modified on November 7, 2019