(c) Educational media services
- In carrying out this section, the Secretary shall support—
- (A) educational media activities that are designed to be of educational value in the classroom setting to children with disabilities;
- (B) providing video description, open captioning, or closed captioning, that is appropriate for use in the classroom setting, of—
- (i) television programs;
- (ii) videos;
- (iii) other materials, including programs and materials associated with new and emerging technologies, such as CDs, DVDs, video streaming, and other forms of multimedia; or
- (iv) news (but only until September 30, 2006);
- (C) distributing materials described in subparagraphs (A) and (B) through such mechanisms as a loan service; and
- (D) providing free educational materials, including textbooks, in accessible media for visually impaired and print disabled students in elementary schools and secondary schools, postsecondary schools, and graduate schools.
- The video description, open captioning, or closed captioning described in paragraph (1)(B) shall be provided only when the description or captioning has not been previously provided by the producer or distributor, or has not been fully funded by other sources.
(1) In general
Last modified on November 7, 2019