(b) Technology development, demonstration, and use
- In carrying out this section, the Secretary shall support activities to promote the development, demonstration, and use of technology.
- The following activities may be carried out under this subsection:
- (A) Conducting research on and promoting the demonstration and use of innovative, emerging, and universally designed technologies for children with disabilities, by improving the transfer of technology from research and development to practice.
- (B) Supporting research, development, and dissemination of technology with universal design features, so that the technology is accessible to the broadest range of individuals with disabilities without further modification or adaptation.
- (C) Demonstrating the use of systems to provide parents and teachers with information and training concerning early diagnosis of, intervention for, and effective teaching strategies for, young children with reading disabilities.
- (D) Supporting the use of Internet-based communications for students with cognitive disabilities in order to maximize their academic and functional skills.
(1) In general
(2) Authorized activities
Last modified on November 7, 2019