(f) Selection of recipients
- In selecting eligible entities for assistance under this section, the Secretary shall consider the impact of the proposed project described in the application in meeting the need for personnel identified by the States.
- The Secretary shall make grants and enter into contracts and cooperative agreements under this section only to eligible entities that meet State and professionally recognized qualifications for the preparation of special education and related services personnel, if the purpose of the project is to assist personnel in obtaining degrees.
- In selecting eligible entities for assistance under this section, the Secretary may give preference to eligible entities that are institutions of higher education that are—
- (A) educating regular education personnel to meet the needs of children with disabilities in integrated settings;
- (B) educating special education personnel to work in collaboration with regular educators in integrated settings; and
- (C) successfully recruiting and preparing individuals with disabilities and individuals from groups that are underrepresented in the profession for which the institution of higher education is preparing individuals.
(1) Impact of project
(2) Requirement for eligible entities to meet State and professional qualifications
Last modified on November 7, 2019