Section 1462 (c) (2)
(2) Authorized activities
- (A) Preparing persons who—
- (i) have prior training in educational and other related service fields; and
- (ii) are studying to obtain degrees, certificates, or licensure that will enable the persons to assist children with low incidence disabilities to achieve the objectives set out in their individualized education programs described in section 1414(d) of this title, or to assist infants and toddlers with low incidence disabilities to achieve the outcomes described in their individualized family service plans described in section 1436 of this title.
- (B) Providing personnel from various disciplines with interdisciplinary training that will contribute to improvement in early intervention, educational, and transitional results for children with low incidence disabilities.
- (C) Preparing personnel in the innovative uses and application of technology, including universally designed technologies, assistive technology devices, and assistive technology services—
- (i) to enhance learning by children with low incidence disabilities through early intervention, educational, and transitional services; and
- (ii) to improve communication with parents.
- (D) Preparing personnel who provide services to visually impaired or blind children to teach and use Braille in the provision of services to such children.
- (E) Preparing personnel to be qualified educational interpreters, to assist children with low incidence disabilities, particularly deaf and hard of hearing children in school and school related activities, and deaf and hard of hearing infants and toddlers and preschool children in early intervention and preschool programs.
- (F) Preparing personnel who provide services to children with significant cognitive disabilities and children with multiple disabilities.
- (G) Preparing personnel who provide services to children with low incidence disabilities and limited English proficient children.
Suspension, Severe Discrepancy
Last modified on November 7, 2019