§1461. Purpose; definition of eligible entity
The purpose of this part is—
- (1) to provide Federal funding for personnel preparation, technical assistance, model demonstration projects, information dissemination, and studies and evaluations, in order to improve early intervention, educational, and transitional results for children with disabilities; and
- (2) to assist State educational agencies and local educational agencies in improving their education systems for children with disabilities.
(b) Definition of eligible entity
- In this part, the term “eligible entity” means—
- (A) a State educational agency;
- (B) a local educational agency;
- (C) a public charter school that is a local educational agency under State law;
- (D) an institution of higher education;
- (E) a public agency not described in subparagraphs (A) through (D);
- (F) a private nonprofit organization;
- (G) an outlying area;
- (H) an Indian tribe or a tribal organization (as defined under section 5304 of title 25); or
- (I) a for-profit organization, if the Secretary finds it appropriate in light of the purposes of a particular competition for a grant, contract, or cooperative agreement under this part.
- The Secretary may limit which eligible entities described in paragraph (1) are eligible for a grant, contract, or cooperative agreement under this part to 1 or more of the categories of eligible entities described in paragraph (1).
(1) In general
(2) Special rule
Last modified on November 7, 2019