§1452. Eligibility and collaborative process
(a) Eligible applicants
A State educational agency may apply for a grant under this part for a grant period of not less than 1 year and not more than 5 years.
- In order to be considered for a grant under this part, a State educational agency shall establish a partnership with local educational agencies and other State agencies involved in, or concerned with, the education of children with disabilities, including—
- (A) not less than 1 institution of higher education; and
- (B) the State agencies responsible for administering subchapter III, early education, child care, and vocational rehabilitation programs.
- In order to be considered for a grant under this part, a State educational agency shall work in partnership with other persons and organizations involved in, and concerned with, the education of children with disabilities, which may include—
- (A) the Governor;
- (B) parents of children with disabilities ages birth through 26;
- (C) parents of nondisabled children ages birth through 26;
- (D) individuals with disabilities;
- (E) parent training and information centers or community parent resource centers funded under sections 1471 and 1472 of this title, respectively;
- (F) community based and other nonprofit organizations involved in the education and employment of individuals with disabilities;
- (G) personnel as defined in section 1451(b) of this title;
- (H) the State advisory panel established under subchapter II;
- (I) the State interagency coordinating council established under subchapter III;
- (J) individuals knowledgeable about vocational education;
- (K) the State agency for higher education;
- (L) public agencies with jurisdiction in the areas of health, mental health, social services, and juvenile justice;
- (M) other providers of professional development that work with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and children with disabilities; and
- (N) other individuals.
- If State law assigns responsibility for teacher preparation and certification to an individual, entity, or agency other than the State educational agency, the State educational agency shall—
- (A) include that individual, entity, or agency as a partner in the partnership under this subsection; and
- (B) ensure that any activities the State educational agency will carry out under this part that are within that partner’s jurisdiction (which may include activities described in section 1454(b) of this title) are carried out by that partner.
(1) In general
(2) Other partners
(3) Required partner
Last modified on November 7, 2019