Section 1443 (e)
(e) Reservation for State incentive grants
- For any fiscal year for which the amount appropriated pursuant to the authorization of appropriations under section 1444 of this title exceeds $460,000,000, the Secretary shall reserve 15 percent of such appropriated amount to provide grants to States that are carrying out the policy described in section 1435(c) of this title in order to facilitate the implementation of such policy.
- Notwithstanding paragraphs (2) and (3) of subsection (c), the Secretary shall provide a grant to each State under paragraph (1) in an amount that bears the same ratio to the amount reserved under such paragraph as the number of infants and toddlers in the State bears to the number of infants and toddlers in all States receiving grants under such paragraph.
- No State shall receive a grant under paragraph (1) for any fiscal year in an amount that is greater than 20 percent of the amount reserved under such paragraph for the fiscal year.
- Pursuant to section 1225(b) of this title, amounts under a grant provided under paragraph (1) that are not obligated and expended prior to the beginning of the first fiscal year succeeding the fiscal year for which such amounts were appropriated shall remain available for obligation and expenditure during such first succeeding fiscal year.
- Amounts under a grant provided under paragraph (1) that are not obligated and expended prior to the beginning of the second fiscal year succeeding the fiscal year for which such amounts were appropriated shall be returned to the Secretary and used to make grants to States under section 1433 of this title (from their allotments under this section) during such second succeeding fiscal year.
(1) In general
(2) Amount of grant
(A) In general
(B) Maximum amount
(3) Carryover of amounts
(A) First succeeding fiscal year
(B) Second succeeding fiscal year
Last modified on November 7, 2019