(e) Functions of council
- The council shall—
- (A) advise and assist the lead agency designated or established under section 1435(a)(10) of this title in the performance of the responsibilities set forth in such section, particularly the identification of the sources of fiscal and other support for services for early intervention programs, assignment of financial responsibility to the appropriate agency, and the promotion of the interagency agreements;
- (B) advise and assist the lead agency in the preparation of applications and amendments thereto;
- (C) advise and assist the State educational agency regarding the transition of toddlers with disabilities to preschool and other appropriate services; and
- (D) prepare and submit an annual report to the Governor and to the Secretary on the status of early intervention programs for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families operated within the State.
- The council may advise and assist the lead agency and the State educational agency regarding the provision of appropriate services for children from birth through age 5. The council may advise appropriate agencies in the State with respect to the integration of services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and at-risk infants and toddlers and their families, regardless of whether at-risk infants and toddlers are eligible for early intervention services in the State.
(2) Authorized activity
Last modified on November 7, 2019