Section 1419 (c) (2) (A)
- Except as provided in subparagraph (B), the Secretary shall—
- (I) allocate to each State the amount the State received under this section for fiscal year 1997;
- (II) allocate 85 percent of any remaining funds to States on the basis of the States’ relative populations of children aged 3 through 5; and
- (III) allocate 15 percent of those remaining funds to States on the basis of the States’ relative populations of all children aged 3 through 5 who are living in poverty.
- For the purpose of making grants under this paragraph, the Secretary shall use the most recent population data, including data on children living in poverty, that are available and satisfactory to the Secretary.
(i) In general
Last modified on November 7, 2019