Section 1419 (c) (2)
(2) Increase in funds
- Except as provided in subparagraph (B), the Secretary shall—
- (I) allocate to each State the amount the State received under this section for fiscal year 1997;
- (II) allocate 85 percent of any remaining funds to States on the basis of the States’ relative populations of children aged 3 through 5; and
- (III) allocate 15 percent of those remaining funds to States on the basis of the States’ relative populations of all children aged 3 through 5 who are living in poverty.
- For the purpose of making grants under this paragraph, the Secretary shall use the most recent population data, including data on children living in poverty, that are available and satisfactory to the Secretary.
- Notwithstanding subparagraph (A), allocations under this paragraph shall be subject to the following:
- No State’s allocation shall be less than its allocation under this section for the preceding fiscal year.
- No State’s allocation shall be less than the greatest of—
- (I) the sum of—
- (aa) the amount the State received under this section for fiscal year 1997; and
- (bb) 1/3 of 1 percent of the amount by which the amount appropriated under subsection (j) for the fiscal year exceeds the amount appropriated for this section for fiscal year 1997;
- (II) the sum of—
- (aa) the amount the State received under this section for the preceding fiscal year; and
- (bb) that amount multiplied by the percentage by which the increase in the funds appropriated under this section from the preceding fiscal year exceeds 1.5 percent; or
- (III) the sum of—
- Notwithstanding clause (ii), no State’s allocation under this paragraph shall exceed the sum of—
- If the amount available for allocations under this paragraph is insufficient to pay those allocations in full, those allocations shall be ratably reduced, subject to subparagraph (B)(i).
(i) In general
(i) Preceding years
(C) Ratable reductions
Last modified on November 7, 2019