(d) Secretary’s review and determination
- The Secretary shall annually review the State performance report submitted pursuant to subsection (b)(2)(C)(ii)(II) in accordance with this section.
- Based on the information provided by the State in the State performance report, information obtained through monitoring visits, and any other public information made available, the Secretary shall determine if the State—
- (i) meets the requirements and purposes of this subchapter;
- (ii) needs assistance in implementing the requirements of this subchapter;
- (iii) needs intervention in implementing the requirements of this subchapter; or
- (iv) needs substantial intervention in implementing the requirements of this subchapter.
- For determinations made under clause (iii) or (iv) of subparagraph (A), the Secretary shall provide reasonable notice and an opportunity for a hearing on such determination.
(A) In general
(B) Notice and opportunity for a hearing
Last modified on November 7, 2019