- A State that receives amounts from a grant under this subchapter may provide that, when a child with a disability reaches the age of majority under State law (except for a child with a disability who has been determined to be incompetent under State law)—
- (A) the agency shall provide any notice required by this section to both the individual and the parents;
- (B) all other rights accorded to parents under this subchapter transfer to the child;
- (C) the agency shall notify the individual and the parents of the transfer of rights; and
- (D) all rights accorded to parents under this subchapter transfer to children who are incarcerated in an adult or juvenile Federal, State, or local correctional institution.
(1) In general
Last modified on November 7, 2019