Any party to a hearing conducted pursuant to subsection (f) or (k), or an appeal conducted pursuant to subsection (g), shall be accorded—
- (1) the right to be accompanied and advised by counsel and by individuals with special knowledge or training with respect to the problems of children with disabilities;
- (2) the right to present evidence and confront, cross-examine, and compel the attendance of witnesses;
- (3) the right to a written, or, at the option of the parents, electronic verbatim record of such hearing; and
- (4) the right to written, or, at the option of the parents, electronic findings of fact and decisions, which findings and decisions—
- (A) shall be made available to the public consistent with the requirements of section 1417(b) of this title (relating to the confidentiality of data, information, and records); and
- (B) shall be transmitted to the advisory panel established pursuant to section 1412(a)(21) of this title.
Last modified on November 7, 2019