- (i) not be—
- (I) an employee of the State educational agency or the local educational agency involved in the education or care of the child; or
- (II) a person having a personal or professional interest that conflicts with the person’s objectivity in the hearing;
- (ii) possess knowledge of, and the ability to understand, the provisions of this chapter, Federal and State regulations pertaining to this chapter, and legal interpretations of this chapter by Federal and State courts;
- (iii) possess the knowledge and ability to conduct hearings in accordance with appropriate, standard legal practice; and
- (iv) possess the knowledge and ability to render and write decisions in accordance with appropriate, standard legal practice.
Last modified on November 7, 2019