Section 1414 (d) (7)
(7) Children with disabilities in adult prisons
- The following requirements shall not apply to children with disabilities who are convicted as adults under State law and incarcerated in adult prisons:
- (i) The requirements contained in section 1412(a)(16) of this title and paragraph (1)(A)(i)(VI) (relating to participation of children with disabilities in general assessments).
- (ii) The requirements of items (aa) and (bb) of paragraph (1)(A)(i)(VIII) (relating to transition planning and transition services), do not apply with respect to such children whose eligibility under this subchapter will end, because of such children’s age, before such children will be released from prison.
- If a child with a disability is convicted as an adult under State law and incarcerated in an adult prison, the child’s IEP Team may modify the child’s IEP or placement notwithstanding the requirements of sections 1 1412(a)(5)(A) of this title and paragraph (1)(A) if the State has demonstrated a bona fide security or compelling penological interest that cannot otherwise be accommodated.
(A) In general
(B) Additional requirement
Last modified on November 7, 2019