Section 1414 (d) (1) (C)
(C) IEP Team attendance
- A member of the IEP Team shall not be required to attend an IEP meeting, in whole or in part, if the parent of a child with a disability and the local educational agency agree that the attendance of such member is not necessary because the member’s area of the curriculum or related services is not being modified or discussed in the meeting.
- A member of the IEP Team may be excused from attending an IEP meeting, in whole or in part, when the meeting involves a modification to or discussion of the member’s area of the curriculum or related services, if—
- (I) the parent and the local educational agency consent to the excusal; and
- (II) the member submits, in writing to the parent and the IEP Team, input into the development of the IEP prior to the meeting.
- A parent’s agreement under clause (i) and consent under clause (ii) shall be in writing.
(i) Attendance not necessary
(iii) Written agreement and consent required
Last modified on November 7, 2019