Section 1414 (a) (2)
- A local educational agency shall ensure that a reevaluation of each child with a disability is conducted in accordance with subsections (b) and (c)—
- (i) if the local educational agency determines that the educational or related services needs, including improved academic achievement and functional performance, of the child warrant a reevaluation; or
- (ii) if the child’s parents or teacher requests a reevaluation.
- A reevaluation conducted under subparagraph (A) shall occur—
- (i) not more frequently than once a year, unless the parent and the local educational agency agree otherwise; and
- (ii) at least once every 3 years, unless the parent and the local educational agency agree that a reevaluation is unnecessary.
(A) In general
Severe Discrepancy, Screening
Last modified on November 7, 2019