Section 1413 (g)
(g) Direct services by the State educational agency
- A State educational agency shall use the payments that would otherwise have been available to a local educational agency or to a State agency to provide special education and related services directly to children with disabilities residing in the area served by that local educational agency, or for whom that State agency is responsible, if the State educational agency determines that the local educational agency or State agency, as the case may be—
- (A) has not provided the information needed to establish the eligibility of such local educational agency or State agency under this section;
- (B) is unable to establish and maintain programs of free appropriate public education that meet the requirements of subsection (a);
- (C) is unable or unwilling to be consolidated with 1 or more local educational agencies in order to establish and maintain such programs; or
- (D) has 1 or more children with disabilities who can best be served by a regional or State program or service delivery system designed to meet the needs of such children.
- The State educational agency may provide special education and related services under paragraph (1) in such manner and at such locations (including regional or State centers) as the State educational agency considers appropriate. Such education and services shall be provided in accordance with this subchapter.
(1) In general
(2) Manner and location of education and services
Last modified on November 7, 2019