Section 1413 (a) (5)
(5) Treatment of charter schools and their students
- (A) serves children with disabilities attending those charter schools in the same manner as the local educational agency serves children with disabilities in its other schools, including providing supplementary and related services on site at the charter school to the same extent to which the local educational agency has a policy or practice of providing such services on the site to its other public schools; and
- (B) provides funds under this subchapter to those charter schools—
- (i) on the same basis as the local educational agency provides funds to the local educational agency’s other public schools, including proportional distribution based on relative enrollment of children with disabilities; and
- (ii) at the same time as the agency distributes other Federal funds to the agency’s other public schools, consistent with the State’s charter school law.
Last modified on November 7, 2019