- (i) the voluntary departure, by retirement or otherwise, or departure for just cause, of special education personnel;
- (ii) a decrease in the enrollment of children with disabilities;
- (iii) the termination of the obligation of the agency, consistent with this subchapter, to provide a program of special education to a particular child with a disability that is an exceptionally costly program, as determined by the State educational agency, because the child—
- (I) has left the jurisdiction of the agency;
- (II) has reached the age at which the obligation of the agency to provide a free appropriate public education to the child has terminated; or
- (III) no longer needs such program of special education; or
- (iv) the termination of costly expenditures for long-term purchases, such as the acquisition of equipment or the construction of school facilities.
Last modified on November 7, 2019