- If the Secretary arranges for services pursuant to this subsection, the Secretary, after consultation with the appropriate public and private school officials, shall pay to the provider of such services for a fiscal year an amount per child that does not exceed the amount determined by dividing—
- (i) the total amount received by the State under this subchapter for such fiscal year; by
- (ii) the number of children with disabilities served in the prior year, as reported to the Secretary by the State under section 1418 of this title.
- Pending final resolution of any investigation or complaint that may result in a determination under this subsection, the Secretary may withhold from the allocation of the affected State educational agency the amount the Secretary estimates will be necessary to pay the cost of services described in subparagraph (A).
- The period under which payments are made under subparagraph (A) shall continue until the Secretary determines that there will no longer be any failure or inability on the part of the State educational agency to meet the requirements of subsection (a)(10)(A).
(A) Determination of amounts
(B) Withholding of certain amounts
(C) Period of payments
Last modified on November 7, 2019