(22) Suspension and expulsion rates
- The State educational agency examines data, including data disaggregated by race and ethnicity, to determine if significant discrepancies are occurring in the rate of long-term suspensions and expulsions of children with disabilities—
- (i) among local educational agencies in the State; or
- (ii) compared to such rates for nondisabled children within such agencies.
- If such discrepancies are occurring, the State educational agency reviews and, if appropriate, revises (or requires the affected State or local educational agency to revise) its policies, procedures, and practices relating to the development and implementation of IEPs, the use of positive behavioral interventions and supports, and procedural safeguards, to ensure that such policies, procedures, and practices comply with this chapter.
(A) In general
(B) Review and revision of policies
Discipline, Severe Discrepancy
Last modified on November 7, 2019