(C) Alternate assessments
- The State (or, in the case of a districtwide assessment, the local educational agency) has developed and implemented guidelines for the participation of children with disabilities in alternate assessments for those children who cannot participate in regular assessments under subparagraph (A) with accommodations as indicated in their respective individualized education programs.
- The guidelines under clause (i) shall provide for alternate assessments that—
- (I) are aligned with the challenging State academic content standards under section 6311(b)(1) of this title and alternate academic achievement standards under section 6311(b)(1)(E) of this title; and
- (II) if the State has adopted alternate academic achievement standards permitted under section 6311(b)(1)(E) of this title, measure the achievement of children with disabilities against those standards.
- The State conducts the alternate assessments described in this subparagraph.
(i) In general
(ii) Requirements for alternate assessments
(iii) Conduct of alternate assessments
Last modified on November 7, 2019