- The State educational agency shall establish the State’s definition of a high need child with a disability, which definition shall be developed in consultation with local educational agencies.
- The State educational agency shall develop, not later than 90 days after the State reserves funds under this paragraph, annually review, and amend as necessary, a State plan for the high cost fund. Such State plan shall—
- (I) establish, in coordination with representatives from local educational agencies, a definition of a high need child with a disability that, at a minimum—
- (aa) addresses the financial impact a high need child with a disability has on the budget of the child’s local educational agency; and
- (bb) ensures that the cost of the high need child with a disability is greater than 3 times the average per pupil expenditure (as defined in section 7801 of this title) in that State;
- (II) establish eligibility criteria for the participation of a local educational agency that, at a minimum, takes into account the number and percentage of high need children with disabilities served by a local educational agency;
- (III) develop a funding mechanism that provides distributions each fiscal year to local educational agencies that meet the criteria developed by the State under subclause (II); and
- (IV) establish an annual schedule by which the State educational agency shall make its distributions from the high cost fund each fiscal year.
- The State shall make its final State plan publicly available not less than 30 days before the beginning of the school year, including dissemination of such information on the State website.
(ii) State plan
(iii) Public availability
Last modified on November 7, 2019