(C) Authorized activities
- (i) For support and direct services, including technical assistance, personnel preparation, and professional development and training.
- (ii) To support paperwork reduction activities, including expanding the use of technology in the IEP process.
- (iii) To assist local educational agencies in providing positive behavioral interventions and supports and appropriate mental health services for children with disabilities.
- (iv) To improve the use of technology in the classroom by children with disabilities to enhance learning.
- (v) To support the use of technology, including technology with universal design principles and assistive technology devices, to maximize accessibility to the general education curriculum for children with disabilities.
- (vi) Development and implementation of transition programs, including coordination of services with agencies involved in supporting the transition of children with disabilities to postsecondary activities.
- (vii) To assist local educational agencies in meeting personnel shortages.
- (viii) To support capacity building activities and improve the delivery of services by local educational agencies to improve results for children with disabilities.
- (ix) Alternative programming for children with disabilities who have been expelled from school, and services for children with disabilities in correctional facilities, children enrolled in State-operated or State-supported schools, and children with disabilities in charter schools.
- (x) To support the development and provision of appropriate accommodations for children with disabilities, or the development and provision of alternate assessments that are valid and reliable for assessing the performance of children with disabilities, in accordance with sections 6311(b) and 6361 of this title.
- (xi) To provide technical assistance to schools and local educational agencies, and direct services, including direct student services described in section 6303b(c)(3) of this title to children with disabilities, to schools or local educational agencies implementing comprehensive support and improvement activities or targeted support and improvement activities under section 6311(d) of this title on the basis of consistent underperformance of the disaggregated subgroup of children with disabilities, including providing professional development to special and regular education teachers, who teach children with disabilities, based on scientifically based research to improve educational instruction, in order to improve academic achievement based on the challenging academic standards described in section 6311(b)(1) of this title.
Last modified on November 7, 2019