(a) General. Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, for each fiscal year, from the aggregate amount of funds available under part C of the Act for distribution to the States, the Secretary allots to each State an amount that bears the same ratio to the aggregate amount as the number of infants and toddlers in the State bears to the number of infants and toddlers in all States.
(b) Minimum allocations. Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, no State may receive less than 0.5 percent of the aggregate amount available under this section or $500,000, whichever is greater.
(1) If the sums made available under part C of the Act for any fiscal year are insufficient to pay the full amount that all States are eligible to receive under this section for that year, the Secretary ratably reduces the allotments to those States for such year.
(2) If additional funds become available for making payments under this section, allotments that were reduced under paragraph (c)(1) of this section will be increased on the same basis the allotments were reduced.
(d) Definitions. For the purpose of allotting funds to the States under this section—
(1) Aggregate amount means the amount available for distribution to the States after the Secretary determines the amount of payments to be made to the Secretary of the Interior under §303.731, to the outlying areas under §303.730, and any amount to be reserved for State incentive grants under §303.734;
(2) Infants and toddlers means children from birth through age two in the general population, based on the most recent satisfactory data as determined by the Secretary; and
(3) State means each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-50813 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.303.732Stateallotments Sec.303.732Stateallotments Sec 303732 State allotments Sec 303 732 State allotments Sec. 303.732 State allotments Sec.303.732Stateallotments Sec. 303.732 State allotments Sec.303.732Stateallotments Sec.--303.732-State-allotments Sec. 303.732 State allotments Sec.--303.732-State-allotments Sec.303.732Stateallotments