(2) Will be used so as to supplement the level of State and local funds expended for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families and in no case to supplant those State and local funds.
(b) To meet the requirement in paragraph (a) of this section, the total amount of State and local funds budgeted for expenditures in the current fiscal year for early intervention services for children eligible under this part and their families must be at least equal to the total amount of State and local funds actually expended for early intervention services for these children and their families in the most recent preceding fiscal year for which the information is available. Allowance may be made for—
(1) A decrease in the number of infants and toddlers who are eligible to receive early intervention services under this part; and
(2)) Unusually large amounts of funds expended for such long-term purposes as the acquisition of equipment and the construction of facilities.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (c)(2) of this section, a lead agency under this part may not charge indirect costs to its part C grant.
(2) If approved by the lead agency’s cognizant Federal agency or by the Secretary, the lead agency must charge indirect costs through either—
(i) A restricted indirect cost rate that meets the requirements in 34 CFR 76.560 through 76.569; or
(ii) A cost allocation plan that meets the non-supplanting requirements in paragraph (b) of this section and 34 CFR part 76 of EDGAR.
(3) In charging indirect costs under paragraph (c)(2)(i) and (c)(2)(ii) of this section, the lead agency may not charge rent, occupancy, or space maintenance costs directly to the part C grant, unless those costs are specifically approved in advance by the Secretary.
(Approved by Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0550)
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-59553 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.303.225Prohibitionagainstsupplanting;indirectcosts Sec.303.225Prohibitionagainstsupplanting;indirectcosts Sec 303225 Prohibition against supplanting; indirect costs Sec 303 225 Prohibition against supplanting; indirect costs Sec. 303.225 Prohibition against supplanting; indirect costs Sec.303.225Prohibitionagainstsupplanting;indirectcosts Sec. 303.225 Prohibition against supplanting; indirect costs Sec.303.225Prohibitionagainstsupplanting;indirectcosts Sec.--303.225-Prohibition-against-supplanting;-indirect-costs Sec. 303.225 Prohibition against supplanting; 1 100 Sec.--303.225-Prohibition-against-supplanting;-1-100 Sec.303.225Prohibitionagainstsupplanting;1100