(a) To meet the requirements of section 612(a)(21) of the Act, the Secretary of the Interior must establish, under the BIA, an advisory board composed of individuals involved in or concerned with the education and provision of services to Indian infants, toddlers, children, and youth with disabilities, including Indians with disabilities, Indian parents or guardians of such children, teachers, service providers, State and local educational officials, representatives of tribes or tribal organizations, representatives from State Interagency Coordinating Councils under section 641 of the Act in States having reservations, and other members representing the various divisions and entities of the BIA. The chairperson must be selected by the Secretary of the Interior.
(1) Assist in the coordination of services within the BIA and with other local, State, and Federal agencies in the provision of education for infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities;
(2) Advise and assist the Secretary of the Interior in the performance of the Secretary of the Interior’s responsibilities described in section 611(h) of the Act;
(3) Develop and recommend policies concerning effective inter- and intra-agency collaboration, including modifications to regulations, and the elimination of barriers to inter- and intra-agency programs and activities;
(4) Provide assistance and disseminate information on best practices, effective program coordination strategies, and recommendations for improved early intervention services or educational programming for Indian infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities; and
(5) Provide assistance in the preparation of information required under §300.708(h).
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-57810 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.300.714Establishmentofadvisoryboard Sec.300.714Establishmentofadvisoryboard Sec 300714 Establishment of advisory board Sec 300 714 Establishment of advisory board Sec. 300.714 Establishment of advisory board Sec.300.714Establishmentofadvisoryboard Sec. 300.714 Establishment of advisory board Sec.300.714Establishmentofadvisoryboard Sec.--300.714-Establishment-of-advisory-board Sec. 300.714 Establishment of advisory board Sec.--300.714-Establishment-of-advisory-board Sec.300.714Establishmentofadvisoryboard