(1) If the LEA has not resolved the due process complaint to the satisfaction of the parent within 30 days of the receipt of the due process complaint, the due process hearing may occur.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, the timeline for issuing a final decision under §300.515 begins at the expiration of this 30-day period.
(3) Except where the parties have jointly agreed to waive the resolution process or to use mediation, notwithstanding paragraphs (b)(1) and (2) of this section, the failure of the parent filing a due process complaint to participate in the resolution meeting will delay the timelines for the resolution process and due process hearing until the meeting is held.
(4) If the LEA is unable to obtain the participation of the parent in the resolution meeting after reasonable efforts have been made (and documented using the procedures in §300.322(d)), the LEA may, at the conclusion of the 30-day period, request that a hearing officer dismiss the parent’s due process complaint.
(5) If the LEA fails to hold the resolution meeting specified in paragraph (a) of this section within 15 days of receiving notice of a parent’s due process complaint or fails to participate in the resolution meeting, the parent may seek the intervention of a hearing officer to begin the due process hearing timeline.
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-57923 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.300.510(b) Sec.300.510(b) Sec 300510 (b) Sec 300 510 (b) Sec. 300.510 b Sec.300.510b Sec. 300.510 b Sec.300.510b Sec.--300.510-b Sec. 300.510 b Sec.--300.510-b Sec.300.510b