(3) The name of the school the child is attending;
(4) In the case of a homeless child or youth (within the meaning of section 725(2) of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11434a(2)), available contact information for the child, and the name of the school the child is attending;
(5) A description of the nature of the problem of the child relating to the proposed or refused initiation or change, including facts relating to the problem; and
(6) A proposed resolution of the problem to the extent known and available to the party at the time.
(c) Notice required before a hearing on a due process complaint. A party may not have a hearing on a due process complaint until the party, or the attorney representing the party, files a due process complaint that meets the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section.
(1) The due process complaint required by this section must be deemed sufficient unless the party receiving the due process complaint notifies the hearing officer and the other party in writing, within 15 days of receipt of the due process complaint, that the receiving party believes the due process complaint does not meet the requirements in paragraph (b) of this section.
(2) Within five days of receipt of notification under paragraph (d)(1) of this section, the hearing officer must make a determination on the face of the due process complaint of whether the due process complaint meets the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section, and must immediately notify the parties in writing of that determination.
(3) A party may amend its due process complaint only if—
(i) The other party consents in writing to the amendment and is given the opportunity to resolve the due process complaint through a meeting held pursuant to §300.510; or
(ii) The hearing officer grants permission, except that the hearing officer may only grant permission to amend at any time not later than five days before the due process hearing begins.
(4) If a party files an amended due process complaint, the timelines for the resolution meeting in §300.510(a) and the time period to resolve in §300.510(b) begin again with the filing of the amended due process complaint.
(1) If the LEA has not sent a prior written notice under §300.503 to the parent regarding the subject matter contained in the parent’s due process complaint, the LEA must, within 10 days of receiving the due process complaint, send to the parent a response that includes—
(i) An explanation of why the agency proposed or refused to take the action raised in the due process complaint;
(ii) A description of other options that the IEP Team considered and the reasons why those options were rejected;
(iii) A description of each evaluation procedure, assessment, record, or report the agency used as the basis for the proposed or refused action; and
(iv) A description of the other factors that are relevant to the agency’s proposed or refused action.
(2) A response by an LEA under paragraph (e)(1) of this section shall not be construed to preclude the LEA from asserting that the parent’s due process complaint was insufficient, where appropriate.
(f) Other party response to a due process complaint. Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this section, the party receiving a due process complaint must, within 10 days of receiving the due process complaint, send to the other party a response that specifically addresses the issues raised in the due process complaint.
Severe Discrepancy, Screening
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-57603 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.300.508Dueprocesscomplaint Sec.300.508Dueprocesscomplaint Sec 300508 Due process complaint Sec 300 508 Due process complaint Sec. 300.508 Due process complaint Sec.300.508Dueprocesscomplaint Sec. 300.508 Due process complaint Sec.300.508Dueprocesscomplaint Sec.--300.508-Due-process-complaint Sec. 300.508 500 process 100 Sec.--300.508-500-process-100 Sec.300.508500process100